At Nodek, we: –
- Offer a bespoke therapeutic counselling / psychotherapy support to the young people who are experiencing difficulties in their lives, and who need advice about how best to manage situations.
- Take a person-centred approach, so we can identify which areas of support will be most helpful to each young person. More so, we will work with those that we support to ensure that their choices and goals are at the heart of everything that we do.
- Are successful as we focus in our ability to respond to the individual needs of the young people placed with us whilst transiting on their journey towards independence.
- Track the progress of the young people from the moment they are placed with us in their journey towards independence. In addition, we continue to provide advice and mentoring to our young people even after leaving our service.
- Support our young people with their educational and employment needs to enable them live sustainable and fulfilled lives. To further the above, we have links with local schools, colleges and pro-vocation courses.
- Are subject area specialist, and very excited about our future. As a result, we employ a team of experienced social care and allied professionals. We are always looking to recruit motivated, reliable, flexible, caring and committed individuals who want to make a difference to people’s lives. We invest in our staff and are committed to developing an outstanding service for our young people.
- Undertake a comprehensive life skills assessment and set targets, working together with the young people to achieve increased independence and a happy, fulfilling life.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment, operating a robust on-call system with 24-hour key worker mentors available. Each young person has their own agreed support plan based on the hours of care they require. The young person is fully involved in devising their plan.
- We offer one-to-one support, plus additional assistance as required, the ultimate aim is to reduce support as the young person moves towards independent living.